TUS Midwest Computer Services have deployed a solution called Ericom Connect to allow remote access to the TUS Midwest Computer Lab PCs.
Lab PCs can be accessed in the following ways:
- Through a web browser via the TUS Midwest - Ericom Access Portal
Users need to be set up on the Ericom system to connect remotely to lab PCs.
If a PC is available for use - that is, if it is powered on and no-one else is logged into it - a validated user will be logged on to it when they attempt to connect.
Please contact the helpdesk (Helpdesk@lit.ie) if you wish to enquire about access to the system.
The following outlines how to use this system to access the lab PCs remotely via the web browser with Multi-Factor Authentication.
Accessing TUS PCs via a web browser:
Microsoft Edge Chromium (New Microsoft Edge)
1. Click on the link below to be taken to the TUS Ericom Access portal:
This will bring you to the TUS Ericom Access Portal page where you must enter your username and password in the following format:
Password: TUS Student password
Password: TUS Staff password
Once you have entered your username and password, the login portal will send a multi-factor authentication sign-in request to the Microsoft Authenticator App on your phone.
Approve this sign-in request on your phone and the portal will log you in to the Ericom Access Portal.
2. Once logged on, you will see the list of PCs that you have access to on the left of your Access Portal window. Click on the group that you require access to:
STU-VDUGPU in the image below is an EXAMPLE group.
3. When you have selected the group, click on the computer icon that appears. This will start your remote session.
4. At this point the login process kicks off as you connect to the PC remotely via the web browser:
5. When the logon process is complete, you will be logged on to an available lab PC from the group you selected, and you can access and work on the applications on that PC.